Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oh, Those Hot Summer Nights....

It is hot, hot, hot, here in central Kentucky.  We need rain terribly.  Yesterday, there was a decent shower that lasted less than 10 minutes, and didn't even leave the garden muddy.  We've been watering every morning and every evening, and are getting some produce.  I think the green beans are not going to make it, though.
***
Last week, I raided my aunt's blackberry vines.  I made a cobbler, then froze 14 quarts for later use.  I've gotten about a half-gallon of blueberries from my own shrubs, and a handful of strawberries.  The farmer's market is getting a lot of business from us, we adore all the freshness of summer produce.
***
Baby update:  It's a boy!  Xander will be here on November 2nd via C-section.  Everything is where it should be, and baby is growing like a weed.  I love feeling those sweet flutters and kicks.  I would enjoy it even more if this morning sickness would stop, and if I could sleep more than 4 hours at a time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment