Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The One With the Introduction

Friends fans will recognize the style of the title.  I'm Amanda, married to Steve.  We have one child, Jacob, who is 9 years old.  Toss in a poodle named Patrick, and a cat named Mittens, and there you have our little family.  I'm obviously a fan of the show Friends, and I also enjoy watching Law and Order:  SVU. I watch TLC when I want to feel good about myself.   I'm a full-time workin' momma, teaching college students all about the joys of marketing.  I have an MBA in the subject, and God willing, will have my doctoral degree finished in about 2 more years.    I enjoy crochet, reading good books (your definition of a good book may be different than mine, I like the ones with smut and a plot ;)), and cooking.  I try to live a frugal lifestyle, but I like to splurge on mani-pedis as finances allow.  In our current state, Steve and I will be debt-free, with the exception of our mortgage, right about the time I become Dr. Amanda.  The mortgage will take about 5 more years, so seven total.  On top of all that, I do some freelance marketing consulting on the side.

In addition to the things above, I'll be posting about whatever crosses my mind.  It could include politics (rarely, but maybe.  In case you're wondering, I'm a fairly conservative Democrat), religion (I'm Christian), weight loss (I'm on Weight Watchers), cooking, not cleaning, and organization for the clutter-challenged folks like me.

To quote Porky Pig, "Th-th-th-that's all, folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment