Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

For 2011, my resolutions were to lose 43 lbs, spend more quality time with Steve and Jacob, and to finish my doctoral course work to the point of ABD (all but dissertation).  So, how did I do?  I lost 25 lbs, which was 10% of my body weight.  I increased the amount of family time, but there's definately room for improvement there.    And as of October 2011, I am ABD.  Overall, not too shabby!

For 2012, I have the following goals:
  • Lose another 40 pounds.  This is less than one pound per week, and completely do-able.
  • Spend at least 2 nights per month as family night, either watching movies together or playing games.
  • Stop bickering with Steve about stupid things that don't even matter, and neither one of us can recall the next day.
  • Pay off the remaining $2K debt, and save $5K this year.
  • Continue to work on my dissertation.  The topic is "The impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts of non-profit organizations."
  • Stop buying unneccessary crap.  We don't need it, and I have nowhere to store it.
  • Declutter this entire house, top to bottom.  Our first home, in 2005, was less than 1000 square feet, and it was comfortable.  Our current house is greater than 3000 square feet, and I feel claustrophobic from all the stuff.
  • Blog at least twice each week.
  • Read at least one book per week, for pleasure only.  I have two shelves of real books, and several on my Nook, that are just itching to be read.  Non-pleasure reading comes in the form of articles that must be read for the elusive DBA.
  • Sew one complete outfit for myself, and one quilt each for our bed and for Jacob's.
  • Not buy anymore craft supplies (or makeup, or bath products) until I use what is already here.
  • Work out for at least 15 minutes, 3 times per week.
  • Only eat out 3 times each month.  Here lately, we've been busy and eating out 3 times each week.  Ugh, hard on the belly and the billfold.
  • Manage my time more efficiently to get the most out of each day.
To hold myself accountable for this, I'll be posting goal updates each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment